++ Ende Gelände blocks the Rhenish mining area ++ Coal excavators in the Inden open pit mine and coal railroad to the Neurath power plant are at a standstill ++ “Lützerath lives! From now on, Lützerath is everywhere!” ++
17. January 2023 After the village of Lützerath was evicted yesterday despite fierce resistance, today climate activists* of the alliance Ende Gelände are blocking lignite infrastructure in the Rhenish coalfield. Since early morning, around 50 activists have been occupying a coal excavator in the Inden open pit mine, while an action group of around 150 people has been blocking the tracks of the North-South coal railroad to the Neurath power plant. Ende Gelände is part of the coalition “Lützerath Unräumbar” and had announced civil disobedience against the coal company RWE for today. The action alliance wants to achieve the immediate stop of brown coal and the exit from all fossil energies. Continue reading ...
11. January 2023 Mass action with the #LützerathUnräumbar alliance on 17 January - we stand in the way of destruction! We will protect Lützerath and stop Garzweiler with diverse forms of action 💪. Come with affinity groups and get active with us! Continue reading ...
++ “Who attacks Lützerath, attacks our future” ++ Action alliance “Lützerath Unräumbar” announces massive resistance against the expansion of the Garzweiler open pit lignite mine ++
9. January 2023 The action alliance "Lützerath Unräumbar" has announced massive resistance against the destruction of the village of Lützerath at the edge of the Garzweiler II open pit lignite mine. For the 17.01.2023 "Lützerath Unräumbar" has called for a united day of action. Already in the coming days, individual groups of the alliance want to resist the currently ongoing preparations for the eviction and against the demolition of the village. Continue reading ...
Mail from Hamburg authorities in connection with the action days in summer 2022 or with “Gerechtigkeit Jetzt” in 2021?
6. January 2023 If you receive mail from the police or other state authorities in connection with the action days in August 2022 or with "Justice Now" (2021), get in touch! Continue reading ...
3. January 2023 Today is day X in Lützerath! If you are willing to be cleared or take actions out of Lützi, come to Lützi as soon as possible, the situation is coming to a head! Cops have been in Lützerath for over 24h, setting up their structures and attacking ours. Come to Lützerath NOW, your support is needed! Continue reading ...
Disobedient Against Capitalism and for Climate Justice – Worldwide!
Melting glaciers, rising sea levels, species extinction, droughts and floods – the climate catastrophe is endangering entire regions and making them uninhabitable. The people who have contributed the least are being hit especially hard: People in the Global South are already losing their livelihoods because of the climate crisis, while corporations in the Global North continue to make profits as if there were no tomorrow. Politicians want to maintain this system of global injustice, exploitation and destruction, because capitalism must grow – at any price. We have to fight for a climate-just world ourselves, together and in solidarity!
For this reason: Come to the greater Hamburg area August 09 – 15, 2022 for our Climate Camp and Action Week against a fossil rollback and the expansion of fossil gas infrastructure!
Putting an End to the Lie of Clean Gas
Science says more clearly than ever: we must act now or we will miss the 1.5 degree target. But fossil capitalism is incapable of a radical turnaround. That’s why we must take the phase-out of all fossils into our own hands. Gas is an accelerator of the climate crisis. Gas fuels war. Gas is colonial violence. Our answer is resistance! In Hamburg, from August 9 – 15, 2022 we will clean up the lie of clean gas, make the colonial continuities visible and initiate the system change.
Gas Exit instead of Gas Lock-In
Fossil gas, like coal, is an accelerator of the climate crisis. We must phase out all fossil fuels immediately. But the German government is signing shady long-term contracts for the import of climate-damaging liquefied natural gas (LNG) and wants to plaster the coast with new LNG terminals. By 2043, fracked gas will also be delivered to these terminals, which is synonymous with extreme environmental destruction, exploitation and displacement. We must act now to prevent gas lock-in. We are the investment risk for LNG. Exit gas now, get out of LNG and all fossil fuels.
System Change not Climate Change!
Capitalism is stretching the limits of the planet. Like coal, gas and oil only serve the profit interests of the fossil fuel industry and destroy livelihoods, especially in the Global South. We must break free from this destructive system that puts economic growth and profits above lives and livelihoods. We stand in the way of this here and now and fight for climate justice and a socio-ecologically just system change.
All Villages Stay – Worldwide!
Together we fight for climate justice! We will not allow the climate to be heated up further, islands to sink into the ocean and more villages to be demolished for dirty coal.
All villages will stay – in the Rhineland and worldwide. For the immediate exit from coal, gas and oil! Climate justice remains manual work!