Packing list for Rügen 2023
We are spending the (late) summer on beautiful Rügen – despite the mild temperatures, heavy rain and thunderstorms are always to be expected, so be sure to take good rain gear with you and check the weather forcast.
For the action
- Rapid antigen tests
- FFP2 masks
- Your personal EA number (can be generated here)
- Waterproof shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Robust, old clothes that can get dirty (onion principle for evening, night and early morning hours)
- Inconspicuous change of clothes so as not to be immediately recognizable as a climate activist
- Rain jacket/rain pants
- Umbrella/parasol (preferably with a political message)
- Sun protection (no sunscreen containing fat because of police pepper spray)
- Dense universal cloth, cap or hat (useful for many purposes: protection against cold, against pepper spray, as a bandage, …)
- Food: Bring your own favorite chocolate bars, special diet foods and snacks
- Refillable water bottles (at least 2 liters per person); those with a suction cap for rinsing your eyes are practical
- First aid kit for minor injuries (e.g. 1 kit per affinity group)
- Emergency blanket (gold/silver foil) – good in the cold and in strong sun
- Medication that you need regularly, for the length of time you plan to stay in the action and possible times in custody
- Superglue, needle and possibly also a thread
- Identification documents if you want to identify yourself to the police
- A little change in case the police takes you into custody and let you go somewhere
- If necessary, banners
- Items with which you can permanently override fossil capitalism
- Decoration (if possible ecologically) for the action locations; preferably in pink and turquoise!
- Books, card games, etc. for slightly longer blockages
- If necessary, musical instruments (preferably robust)
- Printed out our anti-racist brochure
- For the demo: We are happy about glam and glitter at the demo. There are no limits to your creativity here. Signs, rubber animals, fabrics, garlands and much more. Always good: Anything that is colorful or glitters. Pack something that makes you happy and isn’t too heavy to carry.
Despite all of this, make sure that your luggage doesn’t become too heavy. You have to be able to move to action locations with it – perhaps at a slightly faster pace.
Just for the camp
- Enough FFP2 masks for the camp
- Corona rapid tests
- Sleeping bag
- sleeping pad
- Weatherproof clothing (wool socks, long underwear as required)
- possibly rubber boots in heavy rain
- Washing kit and towel
- If necessary, bicycles (note the rail replacement service to Sassnitz)
- Donation money for the Küfa and camp
- Also great: donate online before the action 🙂!
- Food and snacks (there are 2 Küfa meals a day)
What you should leave at home (or where you are staying):
- Everything that contains information about you and that you don’t necessarily need for the campaign (e.g. calendars, private phones, glasses passes, towels with your name on them…)
- Anything that can be used as a weapon (yes, even your favorite little pocket knife)
- In the event that the police use tear gas or pepper spray, it is better not to use greasy creams or make-up and not to wear contact lenses.
- Consider whether you want to wear jewelry that could be uncomfortable in the event of police contact (e.g. clearing a sit-in).
- Camera (enough pictures are taken by trained photographers)
- And of course alcohol and drugs have no place on the blockade!