8. November 2022 Oppose the absurdity of the current energy policy with strong protest! In a strong demonstration in solidarity with the global civil society for climate justice we gather on Nov. 12th in Lützerath. The coal under Lützerath must stay in the ground - for climate justice worldwide! Continue reading ...
4. November 2022 Today we have news from the past, present and future for you: The evaluation of the International Working Group of the last action brings an international view of our Hamburg action in August. Currently, several court cases are pending against activists of the Ende Gelände action of 2019. Lützerath looks into an uncertain future because the threat of eviction seems to become more and more concrete. Continue reading ...
22. October 2022 Hey, we are back with a new climate anti-repression newsletter. After almost 10 years of denial of personnel in the climate justice movement, we look back at the strategy and want to stimulate to discuss it anew. Check out our focus for that. In addition, there are again trial dates and people in jail who are happy to receive your mail. Continue reading ...
++ Ende Gelände in court ++ Prosecution of climate protest is a no-go for democracy ++ Trials against activists, journalists and MPs near Leipzig begin ++
12. October 2022 "What is criminal is when energy companies like MIBRAG make profits with dirty lignite and burn up the planet for their profits. Ende Gelände opposes the climate crimes of the fossil corporations time and again. It is completely absurd that activists are therefore criminalized and put on trial. We will not be intimidated. On the contrary, the climate justice movement is getting bigger and stronger." Continue reading ...
++ Ende Gelände mobilises to Lützerath ++ Thousands of activists expected to defend the 1.5 degree target ++
10. October 2022 The action alliance Ende Gelände announces its intention to prevent the eviction of the village of Lützerath. Continue reading ...
25. September 2022 After the end of the action this year, we would like to reflect on some aspects with you. In this newsletter you will find not only the invitation to the next alliance meeting, where we want to evaluate the whole action together with you, but also a critique of the police violence that we had to experience during the action. Continue reading ...
Disobedient Against Capitalism and for Climate Justice – Worldwide!
Melting glaciers, rising sea levels, species extinction, droughts and floods – the climate catastrophe is endangering entire regions and making them uninhabitable. The people who have contributed the least are being hit especially hard: People in the Global South are already losing their livelihoods because of the climate crisis, while corporations in the Global North continue to make profits as if there were no tomorrow. Politicians want to maintain this system of global injustice, exploitation and destruction, because capitalism must grow – at any price. We have to fight for a climate-just world ourselves, together and in solidarity!
For this reason: Come to the greater Hamburg area August 09 – 15, 2022 for our Climate Camp and Action Week against a fossil rollback and the expansion of fossil gas infrastructure!
Putting an End to the Lie of Clean Gas
Science says more clearly than ever: we must act now or we will miss the 1.5 degree target. But fossil capitalism is incapable of a radical turnaround. That’s why we must take the phase-out of all fossils into our own hands. Gas is an accelerator of the climate crisis. Gas fuels war. Gas is colonial violence. Our answer is resistance! In Hamburg, from August 9 – 15, 2022 we will clean up the lie of clean gas, make the colonial continuities visible and initiate the system change.
Gas Exit instead of Gas Lock-In
Fossil gas, like coal, is an accelerator of the climate crisis. We must phase out all fossil fuels immediately. But the German government is signing shady long-term contracts for the import of climate-damaging liquefied natural gas (LNG) and wants to plaster the coast with new LNG terminals. By 2043, fracked gas will also be delivered to these terminals, which is synonymous with extreme environmental destruction, exploitation and displacement. We must act now to prevent gas lock-in. We are the investment risk for LNG. Exit gas now, get out of LNG and all fossil fuels.
System Change not Climate Change!
Capitalism is stretching the limits of the planet. Like coal, gas and oil only serve the profit interests of the fossil fuel industry and destroy livelihoods, especially in the Global South. We must break free from this destructive system that puts economic growth and profits above lives and livelihoods. We stand in the way of this here and now and fight for climate justice and a socio-ecologically just system change.
All Villages Stay – Worldwide!
Together we fight for climate justice! We will not allow the climate to be heated up further, islands to sink into the ocean and more villages to be demolished for dirty coal.
All villages will stay – in the Rhineland and worldwide. For the immediate exit from coal, gas and oil! Climate justice remains manual work!