25. September 2022 After the end of the action this year, we would like to reflect on some aspects with you. In this newsletter you will find not only the invitation to the next alliance meeting, where we want to evaluate the whole action together with you, but also a critique of the police violence that we had to experience during the action. Continue reading ...
Gemeinsam gegen die Tierindustrie (Together against the animal industry): The hotspot of the meat industry is the focus of our protest
23. September 2022 Call to action: Actiondays and Camp from 23 – 27 September 2022. Fighting for an end to the animal industry in the Oldenburg region. Ende Gelände is one of the signatories of the call. Continue reading ...
10. September 2022 Ende Gelände again had many and also new things planned for the action in 2022, while at the same time we wanted to build on existing concepts. Early in the action year, it was clear that the main topic should remain gas and the possible LNG terminals. Hamburg and the surrounding area were selected as the action location. Continue reading ...
25. August 2022 The fight for Lützerath shows: A climate-just energy supply still has to be fought for. Several million people have repeatedly marched for the Climate in recent years, appealing unsuccessfully to corporations and governments. The time for appeals is now over. The decisions must be in the hands of society as a whole. Continue reading ...
16. August 2022 After a wonderful camp we are dismantling. We need to dismantle ➡️ SG tents ➡️ Water infrastructure ➡️ Solan panels, ➡️ Load trucks. ➡️ Cleaning up/collecting rubbish and much more. Continue reading ...
15. August 2022 Press release on 15.08.2022 Continue reading ...
Disobedient Against Capitalism and for Climate Justice – Worldwide!
Melting glaciers, rising sea levels, species extinction, droughts and floods – the climate catastrophe is endangering entire regions and making them uninhabitable. The people who have contributed the least are being hit especially hard: People in the Global South are already losing their livelihoods because of the climate crisis, while corporations in the Global North continue to make profits as if there were no tomorrow. Politicians want to maintain this system of global injustice, exploitation and destruction, because capitalism must grow – at any price. We have to fight for a climate-just world ourselves, together and in solidarity!
For this reason: Come to the greater Hamburg area August 09 – 15, 2022 for our Climate Camp and Action Week against a fossil rollback and the expansion of fossil gas infrastructure!
Putting an End to the Lie of Clean Gas
Science says more clearly than ever: we must act now or we will miss the 1.5 degree target. But fossil capitalism is incapable of a radical turnaround. That’s why we must take the phase-out of all fossils into our own hands. Gas is an accelerator of the climate crisis. Gas fuels war. Gas is colonial violence. Our answer is resistance! In Hamburg, from August 9 – 15, 2022 we will clean up the lie of clean gas, make the colonial continuities visible and initiate the system change.
Gas Exit instead of Gas Lock-In
Fossil gas, like coal, is an accelerator of the climate crisis. We must phase out all fossil fuels immediately. But the German government is signing shady long-term contracts for the import of climate-damaging liquefied natural gas (LNG) and wants to plaster the coast with new LNG terminals. By 2043, fracked gas will also be delivered to these terminals, which is synonymous with extreme environmental destruction, exploitation and displacement. We must act now to prevent gas lock-in. We are the investment risk for LNG. Exit gas now, get out of LNG and all fossil fuels.
System Change not Climate Change!
Capitalism is stretching the limits of the planet. Like coal, gas and oil only serve the profit interests of the fossil fuel industry and destroy livelihoods, especially in the Global South. We must break free from this destructive system that puts economic growth and profits above lives and livelihoods. We stand in the way of this here and now and fight for climate justice and a socio-ecologically just system change.
All Villages Stay – Worldwide!
Together we fight for climate justice! We will not allow the climate to be heated up further, islands to sink into the ocean and more villages to be demolished for dirty coal.
All villages will stay – in the Rhineland and worldwide. For the immediate exit from coal, gas and oil! Climate justice remains manual work!